Congratulations, you have found the official author site for Taven Moore!
Here, you can find:
- Information about our books
- Writing “Sketchbook” — shorts, flash fiction, and fanfic written just for fun
- Artist “Sketchbook” — Doodles and drawings from sketch to finished product.
- Blog posts (every Monday and Thursday!) about writing, reading, video games, food, and miscellaneous life flotsam.
Additional blog posts contributed by our good friend Perry, who is also an author but who hasn’t gotten his own blog yet. He blogs on Wednesdays when he feels like it, and we’re very lucky to have him posting here.
What Kind of Name is “Taven”, Anyway?
So who is “Taven”?
“Tami” + “Steven” is your answer!
Although the physical writing is done by Tami, the planning and building and creating and dreaming is done as a team. We’ve been creating worlds and crafting stories together for as long as we’ve known each other, and I don’t think we’ll ever stop.
In addition to writing, we also play a perfectly healthy number of video games and spend a lot of time cooking together.
Looking for a way to contact us? We love email!
Goodness, there’s a lot of empty space on this page. I think I’ll fill this middle bit with random factoids.
- We grew up in the wild cowfields of Texas, dodging prickly pear cactus and cowpatties while learning how to properly use the word “y’all” in a sentence.
- Steven’s hero is Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- Tami is pretty sure that knitting is a form of wizardry.
- Steven collects comic books.
- Tami is always cold.
- Coffee and chocolate are NOT sins.
- It’s a toss up as to whether or not Tami loves tea, or just the colorful boxes of teabags and the delightful little teapots and mugs.
- Steven is almost never lost and can point to north at any given time.
- Tami has been known to get lost in her own kitchen. Multiple times. In the same ten minute time span.
- Tami’s Texas accent comes out when she’s angry or tipsy — either way, if she says “ya’ll” to you, you should probably mark the exits.
- Steven can rescue any meal Tami dares to ruin.
- Tami dares to ruin a lot of new recipes.
- We’ve been gluten free since 2010, and although we miss the convenience and the crusty french breads, it’s been more than worth the effort.
- Tami has never met a hobby she wasn’t willing to fall in love with.
- Tami does not have time for any new hobbies. The list of hobbies she cannot pursue includes but is not limited to : crocheting, roller derby, sewing stuffed animals, painting, collecting anything, papercrafting of any kind, and baking.
- Tami and Steven ran a gaming website called The Egotistical Priest during the heyday of Burning Crusade World of Warcraft. It’s okay if you have no idea what most of the words in that last sentence mean. We’re proud to include the “geek Warcraft dialect” on our list of languages spoken, right next to “typo” and “redneck”.